Venga Global is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how Venga Global, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information. Venga Holdings Inc. “Venga Global”, 1 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA is the data controller for all Venga Global European and US entities. Our representative in the EU is Venga Global Ltd, Suite 408 Fleet Street, 154 – 160 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2DQ United Kingdom and they are registered with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office the registration number is ZA356675.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us such as if you inquire about our products or services, place an order or sign a contract with us, become a business partner or a supply chain provider. We collect information online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions or meetings with you. We collect information received from you during our business transactions. We also obtain publicly available information from social media sites.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold includes:
- Personal information – your name, home address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses.
- Business contact information – business name, business address, job title, business telephone numbers, business email addresses, LinkedIn account.
- Financial information – bank details and payment cards.
- Transaction history – records of our financial transactions and our interactions, meetings etc.
How we use your information
We process your information for the following lawful reasons:
- Where you have ordered goods and services from us or we have a contract with you as a supplier we process your personal information to fulfill the contract between us.
- We process your personal information for the legitimate interest of providing you with the information you have requested and as part of preparing for any contract or a sale.
- Where we have an existing relationship, we will use your information for the legitimate interest of sending you marketing information about our products and services or to invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to customers, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
- Where we have no existing relationship, but we have acquired your business information from you at an event, we will use this information for the legitimate interest of sending you marketing information about our products and services or to invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to new customers, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
- Where we have no existing relationship, but we have acquired your business contact information from a third party or a publicly available source and local laws allow us to do so, we will use this information for the legitimate interest of sending you marketing information about our products and services or to invite you to events. We do this as it is necessary we promote our business to new customers, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by Venga Global or those of our specific suppliers and will be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), countries approved by the EU and countries not approved by the EU. Where your information is processed in countries not approved by the EU, our contracts with our suppliers include the EU model clauses for data protection.
Within Venga Global your information will be stored on our secured systems in accordance with the Venga Global Information Security Policy.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell, share or swap your information with any third party. We will however share your information with:
- Tax authorities to comply with legislation governing contract law.
- Our suppliers in the supply chain who are involved in delivering services.
- Our suppliers who manage some of our Marketing, Web Services and IT Services.
Our suppliers are bound by US privacy law and the terms of the contracts include the enhanced General Data Protection Regulation terms and clauses.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. In the case of project or contract related information, we must retain your information for 7 years after the end of the contract.
For general business contacts we will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 3 years we will delete your data.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact [email protected].
You have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact [email protected].